Sunday, June 09, 2013

slivers

only when things are exactly right, i suppose. image from here.
You have come and gone into my mind far too many times now to ignore, I suppose. I don't know what to tell you, actually. I have no words for what I feel, or what I think I feel, or what I think I should be feeling for you. Not that you are asking.

But if you were, I would tell you that I find myself remembering moments -- your hands on my shoulders for that one song, you repeating to me words we both loved, the quiet smiles we exchanged but never talked about -- and wondering if there is any space or time where I wouldn't find you and me together strange.

Maybe there are only those shards of time, those split-second, blink-and-you'll-miss-it moments where I feel myself falling for you, when I allow myself the luxury of what if and if only, right before I catch myself and remind myself that being an "us" is far too bizarre to make sense. Maybe, those ought to be enough for the both of us.

And yet, my mind keeps going back to you. Why?

1 comment:

mel said...

Ia this is so beautiful. Was this inspired by someone perhaps? :) I miss you and thought of dropping by here. Happy new year!