Monday, February 04, 2013

things I've loved lately

lovely. Image from here.
Days have been filled with busy work -- but at times, I found myself smiling, laughing out loud because of some random lovely moment which reminded me of how lucky I am to be where I am right now.

Like last week when I was able to escape for a bit to catch the tail end of Sir Butch's open lecture on Hagiography - I wasn't able to listen to the lecture in its entirety but I was just so happy that I had the opportunity to listen to him, that I had such brilliant writers like him to teach me.

Front and center at the Hagiography lecture. Yay!

I had a thought when I was listening to him though, that made me a bit sad -- listening to him reminded me of the version of my dad that I loved so much, back when I believed he was infallible. But I suppose that is the reality of being human -- that no one is entirely good or entirely bad, and so you have to pray that the people you deal with are more good I suppose.

This morning, I had to laugh out loud at a pleasantly strange classmate who sang every thing sir Jimmy said out loud, like it was the most normal thing in the world. And he wasn't sent out, and he wasn't scolded even -- you have to love cool professors and kooky classmates like that. Must remember to take a photograph with class next time.

No comments: