Monday, September 03, 2012

Limbo

Image from here.
There is a churning feeling in the pit of my stomach, this in spite of the realization that I have spent a over 5 months living life as a grownup, what with the job and the not-too-shabby salary and the grad school units even.

I tend to flip-flop with the way I feel about my life now. At times, it feels pleasant (or is it dulled down?), and then I find myself subdued at the thought that I am finally growing comfortable with my life.

And then there are moments like these - when I am faced with all the things I am scared to do, like leaping really big. Like letting go of what little ties I have made in order to try for a bigger thing. Like taking a risk.

All of the pleasant feelings I have had about my life so far have felt like settling down all of a sudden. And not in a good way. They feel like giving up more than anything. On myself. On my dreams of finding a version of me that is better than this. I want to swim away, but I can't.

I want to absolutely love the life I am living. I want to not merely be able to tolerate it.

No comments: