Sunday, March 13, 2011

List: Truly Cool Things I've Done in My Life

I came across a website that lets you make lists!!! EEEEEKKKK. I love lists. Here is one that I thought I would share. Reminds me that my life hasn't always been this boring.

----------------------

So my life has been at a stand-still lately. But it hasn't always been this way. There are some things that I am truly proud to have done, and it helps remembering them for times when you don't really have an idea of what to do next. This is a sampling of events that range from seemingly mundane to really woah.

*Went on a month-long tour of the country performing for a musical with reformed ex-convicts (Bagong Silang the Musical)
*Organized a university event and got interviewed and recognized by MTV Pilipinas - never got to see it though!)
*Dropped everything to go on a beaches of the Philippines roadtrip with org friends (San Juan La Union, Vigan, Pagudpud, some Pangasinan place I don't recall)
*Interned for the Presidential Chief of Staff at the Malacanang, was one of 100 graduates chosen to participate in this
*Lived in a hotel for one whole month with 100 people (for the Presidential Youth Fellowship Program)
*Organized YFC events that even I was impressed of (YFC Weeks 2002, 2003)
*Stayed at a hotel with a friend, got royally pissed, woke up puking, had breakfast buffet, puked some more, and had lunch buffet at a different hotel (all in the span of 24 hours!)
*Went on a food-trip with friends to a nearby province for Valentine's day where we:
--------> went to the Hot Air Balloon Festival
--------> had brunch at Rumpa
--------> went Shopping at a large PX Goods Store
--------> had a Boardgame picnic at a park somewhere
--------> had a Mexican fiesta Dinner at Zapata's
*Annual Valentine's Girl's Night Out with high school friends since we were sophomores in high school
*Produced, wrote for, and shot a cooking show as part of an all-girl team (too bad it didn't air, but still cool nonetheless)
*Had a car-chase with a cop (terrifying at the time, but now it's just funny to remember how the cop went 'Babae ka?!' once he realized he had been outrun by a (seemingly) sobbing girl
*Had a super fun birthday party (26th still seems to be the best!)
*Been in a different country with my best friend
*Went to law school and finished it, albeit begrudgingly and by the skin of my teeth
*Hosted people from different countries at home and toured them around the city sights. Threw a party for them too!
*Been an editor for a magazine (hated it for the most part, but it is just unreal how I was able to actually experience this!)
*Had my writing published for a popular broadsheet, twice
*Been accepted to all of the schools I've ever applied to (except for Philippine Science pala. but university wise, yes!)
*Graduated Cum Laude at the university of my dreams, with a course I truly loved
*Been part of a professional theater production (King and I, baby!)
*Hosted a university event and as a result got invited to shoot a VTR (didn't get it though, but that doesn't happen to everybody, does it?)
*Memorized (and promptly forgot after) the entire Bill of Rights section of the constitution in one morning, verbatim.
*Seen the ancient temples in Siem Reap Cambodia
*Been to the Cu-chi Tunnels in Vietnam
*Seen an actual concentration camp in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
*Seen the bejeweled Royal Palace in Bangkok
*Been propositioned by a Japanese tourist in Bangkok's red light district
*Went out for coffee alone with a stranger I've never actually met
*Carried on an internet romance with someone (ridiculous but funny)
*Had 2 actual human beings fight over me (surreal even up to now)
*Been friends for someone since I was 6 years old
*Won a poster-making contest wherein my work was (unfairly!) used for a large corporation's marketing campaign for their top selling soap. Still is!
*Went to a St. Patrick's Day parade alone and took pictures with cute and strange strangers
*Perfected a math exam at least once in my life! 6th grade, baby! Was sent to a math program because of this - blech Saturday school
*Gotten the highest exam scores of the entire batch for Social Studies Class in high school. Won certificates for this!
*Sang solo in front of thousands of people
*Stood up for myself and confronted a teacher about mistakes in grade computation
*Joined competitions every year of my grade school life and promptly lost each time (in retrospect, at least I had the guts to join! I think I lost my guts somewhere along the way)
*Actively pursued someone I thought I was in love with. (it didn't turn out great, but I miss this part of me. where did it go???)
*Spent the last 24 hours with a good friend before she got married and stopped being one of us single girls
*taught myself how to commute in Metro Manila
*taught myself how to drive in Metro Manila (like a bus driver, mehn. I think that's pretty cool)
*Been nominated for a Catholic Mass Media Award for a Public Service Announcement that I did
*Did body egg-rolls at night time in the middle of the sunken garden
*Had 'madaling araw pares' after a successful university event with good friends
*Took a 3 hour exam in 1 hour and a half to make it to a flight, and I passed!
*Got down to 19,000 platelets and lived to tell the tale
*Born with a hole in my heart, at 3.5 lbs, and I'm still alive! (the hole is closed now, but the emotional hole is still there hehehehe)
*Latched on to the underside of the car when I was 3, got dragged for about 3 meters, and emerged unscathed.
*Walked on the actual Banaue Rice Terraces (and promptly got lost for over 6 hours with my companions)
*Rode on the back of a motorcycle with no helmet while going up a mountain in the rain (Eden Nature Park, Davao, 2010)

-----------
this list will continue to grow as I remember more things. if you want to see more of the lists I've made, the link is here.

No comments: